Join us on our journey towards enabling a greener future.
If the world is to achieve its target of reducing greenhouse gas emissions to net zero, then aviation cannot be left out. One of the most difficult sectors to decarbonise, we at Metafuels have developed a new and innovative, breakthrough technology “aerobrew” for the production of sustainable aviation fuel based on renewable energy and feedstocks. As we continue with our mission to develop and deploy aerobrew technology we are expanding our teams as we scale the process from the pilot stage to full scale commercial production plants. If tackling the global climate challenge in harmony with the earth’s ability to sustain human activity, without compromising on biodiversity, appeals to you as a professional we would like to hear from you.
To enquire about/apply for a job role, please email us your CV at email@example.com
As a Senior Project Development Manager you will play an integral role in the development and commercialisation of our new and innovative proprietary aerobrew sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) production technology. You will develop field projects accompanying the technology development which are a fundamental element of the development and commercialisation of the technology. This will include all phases of project development from initiation to investment decisions.
You will be at the heart of the commercialisation of a new technology that will help to solve one of the toughest engineering challenges in the global energy transition, namely the decarbonisation of aviation. By supporting Metafuels to achieve its ambition of enabling affordable aviation for all without it costing the earth, you will have a measurable positive impact on the future of our society and planet.
Your principal objectives are the initiation and development of Pioneer and further scale-up projects in cooperation with strategic partners as a key part of the aerobrew technology commercialisation process. You will develop projects following a stage-gated front end loading (FEL) approach. At all stages you will ensure the efficient progress and integration of all FEL workstreams to ensure that comprehensive documentation is available in a timely manner for gated go/no go decisions.
You will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer.
You will manage, perform or coordinate the following activities:
- Identify and secure strategic partners and investors for the first projects to be deployed based on aerobrew technology so-called “Pioneer Projects” for the scale up and demonstration of the technology from TRL5/6 to TRL 8/9;
- Initiate and develop Pioneer projects together with Strategic Partners as strategic commercialisation and investment opportunities;
- Identify potential sites hosting aerobrew Pioneer projects;
- Develop, negotiate, and close project development agreements between strategic partners/investors;
- Together with the CCO agree the project development approach for each identified Pioneer project and identify project development team needs and timings including organisation, consultants, advisors, etc.;
- Lead the project development of Pioneer projects through all front end loading (FEL) phases and drive project development through to final investment decisions (FID);
- In coordination with the CCO, assemble and manage the project development team and ensure that the right resources are available at all stages for each FEL workstream including overall management & coordination; commercial/legal, technical definition/estimating, financing/capital formation, consenting & approvals;
- Steer the Pioneer projects through FEL gate reviews and ensure that decisions (go/no go and investment decisions) can be made based on complete and contemporary information;
- Identify, develop and secure grant funding for Pioneer projects;
- Work closely with the CCO and executive management team to ensure alignment with company strategies, to obtain necessary approvals, and to secure required cross company input in support of the FEL workstreams;
- Foster and maintain good relations with all strategic partners involved in Pioneer projects and develop for approval project development modus operandi and communication requirements.
Skills and Requirements
- BSc, MSc, or Dipl. Ing. in engineering – chemical engineering or process engineering an advantage;
- At least five (5) years of project development experience in industrial or renewable energy projects;
- Prior experience in commercialization of new technology developments an advantage;
- Excellent stakeholder management communication and leadership skills working with multi-disciplined teams;
- Enthusiasm, professionalism, and desire to make a difference in a net-zero greenhouse gas emissions world;
- Fluent in English both written and spoken, with similar German competence (C2) advantageous;
- Excellent IT skills using Microsoft suite of applications.
Metafuels is a start-up company founded by three experienced energy professionals. The company has developed a power to fuels process, aerobrew, for the production of sustainable aviation fuel starting with renewable power and sustainably sourced CO2. The next phase of the company’s development is the installation and operation of a pilot plant to be located in Switzerland. In addition, the company is engaging with various strategic partners for the development of the Pioneer projects that will produce the first aerobrew sustainable aviation fuel for the market. The company has a relaxed informal style but has a steely determination to achieve its objectives.
The position will be based in Switzerland in the Zürich area.
The Executive Assistant will work with the Company’s senior-level managers to perform a variety of administrative tasks as well as perform office management tasks. To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized, have great time management skills and be able to act without guidance. Ultimately, you will contribute to the efficiency of our business by providing personalized and timely support to executive members.
This Executive Assistant has the following responsibilities:
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners;
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner;
- Scheduling meetings and planning travel for the executive management team;
- Perform secretarial duties efficiently for meetings, including quarterly Board meetings, involving setting up suitable dates, room bookings, drafting outline agenda, coordinating, and circulating papers, minute taking, following up actions and keeping updated action logs;
- Oversee data management and data protection and compliance with EU GDPR;
- Organise events and conferences;
- Support staff recruitment activities including work permits and relocation assistance;
- In the short term support the management in finding a suitable office space including aiding office search and arranging viewing appointments;
- Perform office management tasks including keeping on top of facilities and services contracts;
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports;
- Document management within company’s systems for selected categories of documents;
- Collate and prepare expense reports on behalf of the senior management team.
Skills and Requirements
- At least 5 years of work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role ideally gained in a technology oriented company;
- Excellent MS Office knowledge – word, outlook, excel, power point (Share Point an advantage), Teams (incl. events);
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- The ability to build strong, effective relationships with global stakeholders;
- Discretion and confidentiality;
- IEAA Executive Assistant Diploma Level 5 or equivalent an advantage;
- English and German are mandatory at C1 level.
Metafuels is a start-up company founded by three experienced energy professionals. The company has developed a power to fuels process, aerobrew, for the production of sustainable aviation fuel starting with renewable power and sustainably sourced CO2.
The position will be based in Switzerland in the Zürich area.
As our Senior Plant & Piping Engineer you will focus on the development, engineering and realisation of plant designs of process plants using our proprietary, new aerobrew technology, supporting Metafuels’ mission to enable affordable, sustainable aviation for all without it costing the earth. You will have a key role at the heart of this exciting and challenging activity and help to solve one of the toughest engineering challenges in the global energy transition, namely the decarbonisation of aviation.
Your role will span the design, engineering and realisation of our aerobrew Pioneer plant and commercial aerobrew plants, accompanying the technology scale-up, and shaping the continuous evolution of our know-how basis and products.
The Senior Plant & Piping Engineer will be part of Metafuels’ engineering team reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. Your activities will centre on achieving the following goals:
- Development, engineering, costing and validation of efficient, safe and reliable plant designs for Pioneer plants as well as commercial plants using the aerobrew technology;
- Development of cost efficient, safe and reliable solutions for the arrangement of the key equipment and the engineering of the connecting piping;
- Creation and continuous optimization of state-of-the-art, intelligent 3D models of the aerobrew plants;
- Optimum translation of results from pilot and Pioneer plant operations into technology & plant design know-how;
- Establishment of efficient engineering tools and their deployment into the engineering processes of Metafuels;
- Support of aerobrew studies, proposals and projects with information on plant design & layout and plant cost estimates.
To achieve your goals, you will work closely with Metafuels’ partners and suppliers of proprietary components. You will guide suppliers and contractors during the engineering and construction phase of aerobrew plants. You will develop, own, and manage the core pieces of any process plant, the Piping & Instrumentation diagram (P&ID) and the intelligent 3D model. You will be active in start-up and troubleshooting of aerobrew plants and ensure that lessons learnt are considered in future plant designs.
You daily activities and work tasks will include:
- Developing a cost-efficient, safe and reliable plant and piping design for all aerobrew projects, based on the process design and working in close cooperation with the technology & process discipline;
- Coordinating and performing the modelling of the plant designs in a state-of-the-art intelligent 3D model, using the Smart 3D (formerly Intergraph), PDS or AutoCAD plant-3D software;
- Leading and performing the development of P&IDs cooperating with the process discipline, electrical & instrumentation and the rotating and non-rotating equipment discipline to obtain their respective inputs to the P&ID´s;
- Providing plant & piping input to process design packages (PDP) for aerobrew projects, including (but not limited to) documentation as draft P&ID´s, plant layouts & plot plans, 3D model visualisations, pipe specifications, design specifications, hazardous area specifications;
- Participating in engineering reviews, accompanying engineering activities and pilot operations;
- Performing constructability and operability studies, assessing accessibility for construction and maintenance;
- Providing cost estimates for piping, bulk materials, developing material take-offs;
- Supporting aerobrew studies, proposals and projects with information on plant design & layout planning and cost estimates;
- Supporting the engineering, execution, and implementation of projects by means of reviews (HaZop, SIL, PFD review, P&ID review);
- Performing “as built” checks on site, comparing the installation as built with the P&IDs and other engineering documentation;
- Collecting experience from the commissioning and start-up activities for aerobrew projects and secure the lessons-learnt from these activities for consideration in the plant designs of future projects;
- Providing consultancy and advice on plant operation & maintenance, trouble-shooting;
- Serve as a technical authority, reviewing and approving design documentation;
- Mentor junior Plant & Piping engineers.
The Senior Plant & Piping Engineer:
- Owns and manages the P&IDs and the 3D plant model;
- Is responsible for the continuous improvement and evolution of the engineering and design tools used, in particular the 3D modelling tool;
- Provides leadership and guidance to our engineering contractors and key suppliers to ensure a safe, operable plant design that will meet all the project premises;
- Is responsible for timely and accurate delivery of plant & piping engineering documentation as P&ID´s, pipe specifications, plot & layout plans, pipe specifications, bulk material-take offs.
Skills and requirements
- BSc, MSc, Dipl Ing degree in chemical or mechanical engineering;
- At least ten (10) years of relevant engineering experience in plant and piping design including preferably basic & detail engineering, FEED´s, construction supervision and trouble-shooting;
- Strong personal commitment to HSSE Leadership and experienced with plant safety in design standards and practices throughout all project phases;
- Experience in regulations for plants handling hazardous materials and in Hazardous Area classification;
- Experience in chemical, gas, petrochemical, or refinery plants & processes;
- Prior experience in Plant & Piping design and commercialization for new technology developments;
- Prior project experience working with engineering and construction contractors;
- Attention to Plant & Piping details required to make projects work that meet business objectives, are designed to be technically safe, meet environmental requirements, are operable and maintainable;
- Excellent stakeholder management communication and leadership skills working in multi-disciplined teams;
- Enthusiasm, professionalism, and desire to make a difference in a net-zero greenhouse gas emissions world.
Metafuels is a start-up company founded by three experienced energy professionals. The company has developed a power to fuels Plant & Piping, aerobrew, for the production of sustainable aviation fuel starting with renewable power and sustainably sourced CO2. The next phase of the company’s development is the installation and operation of a pilot plant to be located in Switzerland. In addition, the company is engaging with various strategic partners for the development of the first pioneer projects that will produce the first aerobrew sustainable aviation fuel for the market. The company has a relaxed informal style but has a steely determination to achieve its objectives.
The position will be based in Switzerland in the Zürich area.