The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (FADP) establish stringent guidelines regarding the collection, processing, and storage of your personal data. These regulations also grant you various rights, including the ability to access your personal data, request its deletion, and more.
Metafuels AG, registered in Switzerland, is based at the following address:
Soodstrasse 52, 8134 Adliswil, Switzerland.
Your Personal Data
Here at Metafuels, we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to respond to any questions and provide the information you requested from us. Your personal information will never be shared with third parties for marketing purposes and will not be used by us for marketing purposes without your explicit consent. While using our contact form, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- First name
- Email address
Data Collected on This Website
When you contact us using our contact form, you will be voluntarily providing us with your personal information. The information you enter in the contact form will be sent to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amazon Web Services
Web server logs and security
When you visit this website, information about your device, operating system and browser, and your IP address are automatically saved in log files. This serves a number of purposes, including helping to keep the website secure and helping to diagnose any problems that might arise.
By continuing to use this website, you accept that we use the following cookies:
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (‘Google’), 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, based on our legitimate interests. We use Google Analytics to track traffic to our website, this allows us to monitor our marketing progress. When you visit our website a banner will appear along the bottom allowing you to ‘Opt-out’ of GA’s tracking. If you select the ‘Opt-out’ option, a cookie will be created that will stop Google from storing information about your visit to our site.
This website uses the reCAPTCHA service provided by Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; “Google”) that allows us to confirm that only real people and not spambots are able to submit our contact forms. When you tick the box that says “I’m not a robot”, Google place a cookie called NID in your browser, that communicates information such as what language your browser is set to, the date, how many mouse clicks you have made on the screen, and what other Google cookies you may have on your device.
Our website offers links and pages dedicated to specific social media platforms. By clicking on the relevant icon (e.g. LinkedIn), you will be directed to the platform in a new window where you may need to log in to access your profile. The platform operator will only analyse and process the content of the shared page, either during, before, or after the process. The analysis may differ depending on the platform and include the page’s title, image, and text.
Please be aware that we do not have any control over how social media platforms collect data, whether or not you have an account with them. We want to clarify that we cannot influence how these platforms collect data. As the website provider, we cannot be held responsible for the data collection and storage practices of third-party platforms.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, here is some more information. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our website, including monitoring the usage of our website.
- To contact you: to contact you by email, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication.
- To manage your requests: to attend and manage your requests to us.
- To recruit job candidates
Retention of Your Personal Data
In addition, we will delete your data if you send a request to email@example.com. Further, we have no legal or contractual retention obligations or other processing obligations about such data.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the company may need to reveal your personal information in accordance with legal requirements or as a response to legitimate requests made by public entities such as a court or government agency.
Other legal requirements
Metafuels may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website
- Protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
In accordance with under the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (FADP), you have numerous rights regarding the personal data we hold about you, including:
Right to confirmation
You have the right to know if we hold personal data that concerns you.
Right to access
You have the right to view and to obtain a copy of any personal data we hold that concerns you. Information may be provided about the following, if applicable:
- the purposes of processing
- the categories of personal data processed
- the recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed
- if possible, the planned duration for which the personal data will be stored or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining this duration
- the existence of a right to obtain the rectification or erasure of personal data concerning him or her, or the restriction of processing by the controller, or a right to object to such processing
- the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority
- if the personal data are not collected from the data subject: Any available information about the origin of the data.
In addition, individuals have the right to know if their personal data has been sent to a third country or international organization. If so, you can request details on the protective measures in place during the transfer.
Right to rectification
As an individual whose personal data is being processed, you have the right to request the prompt correction of any inaccurate information pertaining to you. Additionally, considering the purposes of the processing, you can ask for incomplete personal data to be supplemented through a supplementary statement.
Right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
If your personal data is being processed, you have the right to request its immediate erasure from the website controller. This applies if one of the following reasons is applicable and the processing is not necessary:
- The collected personal data is being processed for purposes that are no longer needed.
- If the data subject withdraws their consent, and there is no other legal basis for processing the data, then it cannot be processed.
- The data subject objects to the processing on grounds relating to his or her particular situation and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or the data subject objects to the processing in the case of direct marketing and related profiling
- The personal data have been processed unlawfully
- The erasure of the personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation under Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject
- The personal data has been collected in relation to information society services provided directly to a child
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain from the controller of this website the restriction of the processing if one of the following conditions is met:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
- The processing is unlawful; the data subject objects to the erasure of the personal data and requests instead the restriction of the use of the personal data
- The controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but the data subject needs it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims
- The data subject has objected to the processing on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, and it is not yet clear whether the legitimate interests of the controller override those of the data subject
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided.
Right of objection
You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you.
The operator of this website shall no longer process the personal data in the event of an objection, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or if the processing serves the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact page on this website or directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find out more about your rights under the FADP here.